December 13, 2010
- Welcome to the Last Week of our Holiday Gift Guide
- Mini " Gingerbread Houses "
- Winter Lights, Displays and Other Attractions
- A Holiday Letter to my friends & family
- Reindeer Food
- Gifts & Giveaways for Infants Through Teens
- Gifts & Giveaways for Moms & Dads & Teachers!
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- Macaroni Kid New Year's Challenge
- Weekly Reoccuring Events & Storytimes
- Kids Eat Free or Cheap in Rockville & Gaithersburg
- Macaroni Kid Saves
- Business & Sponsor Directory
And gifts for the whole family!
- Win a stunning Ruffled Glass Bowl from Willow House. While visiting the website, be sure to check out the great deals in the outlet. Click here to enter to win. ENDS 12/19
- Win a Brocade Plush Throw from Private Quarters. This super soft, black and white throw will go with any decor and keep you warm and cozy during those cold winter months ahead. If you see any other items you would like to go ahead and order, receive an automatic 5% off your order by shopping through the link above. Click here to enter to win the throw! ENDS 12/19
- Win a set of Allergy Labels from my favorite label company Mabel's Labels! If you need a gift for a child who has WAY too many toys, labels are a great idea! They also have great Mama cards, allergy bracelets, etc. that would all make great and practical gifts. If you want to go ahead and place an order, be sure to use the code Macaronikid5, to save 5% on your order. To enter to win the labels, click here! ENDS 12/19
- Win one of two gift certificates to Onesies Mamas! Each gift certificate is good for one six week session of learning and fun for mom and baby. The program allows moms and babies to sample a variety of early enrichment programs, baby classes and meetings with baby experts...all while connecting to other local moms. Activities and workshops may include fitness, yoga, music, infant massage, photography services, sleep coaching, pediatrician advice and more. The winter session runs January 12th through February 16th. Click here to enter. ENDS 12/19.
- Win a free 'on location' outdoor photo shoot with Chantell Prestcott. Photographer chooses location, for up to 4 people, along with a free 8x10 - A $93 retail value. Package is redeemable between Apr-Jun of 2011. Winners session will include individual portraits of children, family shots, parent child combination's, etc.. and roughly 60 images (as well as Black and White versions of many photos to choose from.) The 8x10 will be of their choosing- no other photos will be included, unless separately purchased. To enter, click here. ENDS 12/19
- Win an assessment with a professional organizer and 1 hour of organization services from Solutions Consulting. This prize has a retail value of $130. To enter, click here. ENDS 12/19
- Win a two week pass for unlimited drop in classes for adults or a one hour personal training session after a free assessment at Studio 310! Must be used for two consecutive weeks and redeemed by 12/31/2011. To enter, click here. ENDS 12/19
- Enter to win one of 9 vouchers for FREE ADMISSION to the Gaithersburg Winter Lights Festival going on now through Jan. 1st, 2011, courtesy of The Washingtonian Center. To enter, write a status update about Macaroni Kid Rockville on facebook and fan our facebook page or follow us on twitter and write a tweet about us and then leave a comment below. ENDS 12/19
- Here is a special offer for all of you! I am including it here instead of in the coupon section because of its high value and time-saving fabulousness! Lynn's Meals in Minutes personal chef service has offered all of our subscribers the chance to try the First Time Sampler of 2 meals, 2 servings each for just $60. That is $40 off the list price! You can buy an additional two samples as gifts at this special price as well. To get this pricing, contact Lynn and let her know you are a Macaroni Kid subscriber and want the Mac Kid special. Please note, Lynn's Meals in Minutes does not accept credit cards.
I wanted to let you all know about some of my favorite picks for gifts for parents, grandparents, god-parents...and all your single friends too! While I do not have giveaways for these, they are certain to be hits. In no particular order, some of our favorites are:
- Keurig Coffee machines (I esp. like the Mini Plus for people with less counter space and college students), even for those with may not love coffee, but want a fabulous quick hot cocoa or tea.
- SodaStream Soda Maker- Awesome for anyone who likes drinking soda, Red Bull, and/or flavored sparkling water.
- I can also recommend one of my favorite wines for holiday parties, and just for when you need a little "mommy time out" (or daddy time out as the case may be). Opici Wines offer a fabulous, organic option for wine drinkers and it is under $15!
Ideas For Gifts for Teachers:Everyone will be piling up cookies, gift cards, coffee mugs and more on their teachers desk this holiday season. Dare to be different!
- Make several book donations to the class room in his/her honor. You can even request a suggested list from him/her and allow your child to pick them out with you!
- Make a donation of school supplies! What classroom is fully stocked come mid-year? This is a GREAT way to offer a gift that keeps on giving!
- Offer yourself for volunteer time! Teachers love parent participation and so do the kids! Time that you donate in assisting your teacher is more valuable than any chocolate dipped coffee spoon!
I've opened up the comments section so you can share your favorite gift ideas for parents, grandparents and teachers as well.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC