October 14, 2012
October 14, 2012
- Welcome to Mac Kid Rockville-Gaithersburg!
- The Sessions - Advanced Screening Giveaway
- WRECK-IT RALPH Advanced Screening Pass Giveaway!
- A Message from Our Sponsor: My Gym Kentlands
- Celebrating 50 Year's with Clifford!
- National Teen Driver Safety Week: October 14-20
- Fun Halloween Treats
- Pumpkin Patches& Ongoing Fall Festivals
- 2012 Halloween in the Montgomery Parks
- Pumpkin Painting
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- 2012 Weekly Open Gyms & Storytimes
- Gaithersburg 10th Annual Young Artist Award
- Disney On Ice Rockin' Ever After
- Local Children's Theater Productions
- Do Good - SSL Opportunities in Rockville
- Kids Eat Free or For Less!
- NASA ASTEROID NAMING CONTEST
- Thanks to some of our fabulous Site Sponsors!
- 2012 RED RIBBON WEEK®
- 2012-2013 MCPS School Calendar & Supplies
- My Medifast Journey - Happily Maintaining
- Macaroni Kid Saves
By: Dana Hardek
Last year, I decided that our Halloween crafts should be easy to make – really easy. So I bought some paint, set up a table outside on a nice day, and let the kids paint their pumpkins.
If you, too, have no time to spend on the super-cool decorations that all your neighbors have, try this!
What you need:
- Pumpkins, real or craft
- Acrylic paint (won't come off a pumpkin that's out in the rain)
- Paint brushes
- Cups of water to wash off the brushes
What you do:
- If you're using real pumpkins, wash and dry them.
- Set your pumpkins on a table or other surface.
- Paint! (See, easy)
Remember that acrylic paint is permanent, so be sure to cover your painting surface and cover your kids while you're at it.
For a shiny look, use metallic paints!
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC