September 23, 2012
September 23, 2012
- Welcome to Mac Kid Rockville-Gaithersburg!
- NEW:::FRANKENWEENIE - Win Screening Passes!
- THE WIGGLES! CELEBRATION TOUR! Giveaway!
- Disney On Ice Rockin' Ever After Ticket Giveaway!!
- Pidgie’s Famous Noodle Kugel
- Bake A Difference with OXO!
- Keeping Lunches Cold-- A SAFETY ISSUE
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Loves Your Family!
- O Story Story Reading Apps for Kids
- Pumpkin Patches& Ongoing Fall Festivals
- Pirate Ship Craft
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- 2012 Weekly Open Gyms & Storytimes
- Gaithersburg 10th Annual Young Artist Award
- Local Children's Theater Productions
- Do Good - SSL Opportunities in Rockville
- Kids Eat Free or For Less!
- NASA ASTEROID NAMING CONTEST
- Thanks to some of our fabulous Site Sponsors!
- 2012-2013 MCPS School Calendar & Supplies
- My Medifast Journey - Happily Maintaining
- Macaroni Kid Saves
For Your Yom Kippur Break the Fast Meal
By: Merri Cohen, Western Monmouth MK Publisher
One of our family traditions is to break the fast with bagels, lox, and all kinds of yummy kugels
(noodle puddings). It always cracked me up that we would fast all day and then feast on the
most fattening kugels. This graham cracker crust kugel recipe has been with my family since I
was a little kid, and it makes its way on every one of our Jewish holiday tables. Heart-healthy,
this recipe is not: 10 eggs, sour cream, butter. Oy Vey! But, it is truly one of the most delicious
things you will ever eat. And it's worth the once-a-year treat.
This year, my recently B'nai Mitzvahed kids have pledged to do their first fast, and I am betting
that they won't make it past lunchtime! Here is some information about Yom Kippur, as well as
- 1 lb. fine egg noodles cooked & drained
- 3/4 lb. melted butter
- 1 lb. creamed cottage cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 10 eggs
- Graham cracker crumbs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all of the ingredients except graham cracker crumbs with half of the melted butter. Put into a well-greased 14x10x3 inch baking pan.
- Cover with graham cracker crumbs & drizzle remaining butter on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC