August 19, 2012
August 19, 2012
- I Just a Little Need More Time!!
- Win 4 Advanced Screening Passes to Thunderstruck!!
- Back to School Tips
- Morning Checklist
- 2012-2013 MCPS School Calendar & Supplies
- Nat Geo Wild Animal Puzzles & Card Games Review
- Bacon Pancakes
- Colored Pencil Cup
- Power Breakfasts
- My Medifast Journey - One Year Down!
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- Local Children's Theater Productions
- Weekly Open Gyms & Storytimes
- Kids Eat Free or For Less!
- Macaroni Kid Saves
- Thanks to some of our fabulous Site Sponsors!
By: Anna Hall, Hickory NC Publisher Mom
Make this fun back-to-school craft with your kids as a fun activity to get them into school spirit. This also makes a cute teacher's gift. The pencil holder cup is not only decorative but functional too! The colored pencils on the outside of the cup can be removed to use, then put back into place.
- Empty & clean soup can
- Colored paint & paintbrush
- Colorful fabric (optional)
- Craft glue
- Large box of colored pencils
- Mounting putty
- Colored ribbon
What to do:
- Start with an empty soup can; make sure it is clean and dry.
- Paint the can the color of your choice and allow to dry completely. Optional: Cut two strips of colorful fabric to wrap around the top and bottom edge of the can for a decorative border. Glue on the inside and outside edge with craft glue and allow to dry.
- Roll mounting putty to make a strip long enough to wrap around the outside of the can. Press to attach to the middle of the can. (Note: you may choose to use 2 strips of putty to hold the pencils in place better.)
- Press the colored pencils into the putty to cover all around the outside of the can.
- Tie a piece of decorative ribbon around the covered can for an extra touch of decoration.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC