August 13, 2012
- Great Things to do Before School Starts!
- Maryland Tax Free Week Here!
- Sesame Street Live - "Elmo Makes Music"
- 2012-2013 MCPS School Calendar & Supplies
- ParaNorman Cupcake Kit Giveaway
- Great New Apps from Disney Junior
- College is just around the corner
- Flip Flop Wreath
- Key Lime Pie
- Nat Geo Wild Animal Puzzles & Card Games Review
- Back to School Basics
- Make Mornings Easy!
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- Local Children's Theater Productions
- Weekly Open Gyms & Storytimes
- Kids Eat Free or For Less!
- My Medifast Journey - An Update
- Macaroni Kid Saves
- Thanks to some of our fabulous Site Sponsors!
Flip flops are a summertime essential and they come in so many colors and patterns. We used flip flops we purchased at the dollar store to make this colorful and fun wreath perfect for summertime! Thanks to my cousin Kimberly for the idea and materials and my mother-in-law Bonnie for her creative talent and time!
Materials (makes 2 wreaths):
- Flip flops in different colors and patterns; we used 6 different solid colors
- Hot glue gun or E-6000 adhesive
- Something for the decoration on top; we used raffia and a seashell bikini top from the dollar store which we painted yellow
What to do:
1. Remove the flip flops from the plastic hangers they came on but save two for later use.
2. Separate and sort the flip flops into right and left foot. You will use right for one wreath and left for another.
3. Arrange the flip flops in a circle shape and glue them together to form the wreath.
4. Glue the plastic hanger to the back for hanging the wreath.
5. We used a string of raffia to tie the shell to the top, covering the hanger.
6. Then we tied a raffia bow using the string around the shell to hold it in place. Glue the bow in place if it doesn’t stay straight on the shell.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC