August 6, 2012
- Where Has the Summer Gone?!
- Zucchini Brownies
- Sesame Street Live - "Elmo Makes Music"
- Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day
- 2012-2013 MCPS School Calendar
- Back to school craft: Paper bus
- Help Get Your Kids Outside!! Part 2
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- Local Children's Theater Productions
- Weekly Open Gyms & Storytimes
- Kids Eat Free or For Less!
- My Medifast Journey - New Food Options Reviewed
- Macaroni Kid Saves
- Thanks to some of our fabulous Site Sponsors!
- Thanks to America!
Here’s a great craft to get your kids ready for going back to school. If your children aren’t headed back to school, yet, this is still a lot of fun for pretend play, and is a great way to teach children about bus safety.
- Embellishments (shape cut outs, glitter glue, pom poms, etc.)
- Pictures (either pictures of people that your children draw, or actual pictures of your family)
- Glue or tape
- Draw or trace a picture of a bus.
- Cut out the bus, or if your children are old enough, let them complete this step.
- Draw and cut out squares or rectangles on the bus for the windows.
- Glue or tape pictures to the back of the bus, so you can see them through the windows.
- Have your children color and decorate their bus however they choose. Have a variety of things available for your child to choose from. If your children are just starting to learn to write, they could write a name on their bus, or practice writing numbers.
- Add a magnet to the back of the bus to hang on the refrigerator, or use for pretend play.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC