August 6, 2012
August 6, 2012
- Where Has the Summer Gone?!
- Zucchini Brownies
- Sesame Street Live - "Elmo Makes Music"
- Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day
- 2012-2013 MCPS School Calendar
- Back to school craft: Paper bus
- Help Get Your Kids Outside!! Part 2
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- Local Children's Theater Productions
- Weekly Open Gyms & Storytimes
- Kids Eat Free or For Less!
- My Medifast Journey - New Food Options Reviewed
- Macaroni Kid Saves
- Thanks to some of our fabulous Site Sponsors!
- Thanks to America!
By: Ashley Woods
I am always trying to find healthy updates to classic favorites, but it is hard to find great ones that don't sacrifice flavor. These brownies leave nothing to be desired! They are so yummy and moist, your family will go crazy for them!
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2.5 medium)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oil, sugar, and 2 tsp vanilla until well blended. All the sugar will be moist.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Stir into sugar mixture. "Batter" will be very dry and crumbly still, DO NOT ADD WATER or any other liquid, zucchini will add the moisture.
- Fold in the zucchini and walnuts.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies spring back when gently touched.
- To make the frosting, melt together the 6 tablespoons of cocoa and margarine; set aside to cool. In a medium bowl, blend together the confectioners' sugar, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in the cocoa mixture. Spread over cooled brownies before cutting into squares.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC