August 6, 2012
August 6, 2012
- Where Has the Summer Gone?!
- Zucchini Brownies
- Sesame Street Live - "Elmo Makes Music"
- Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day
- 2012-2013 MCPS School Calendar
- Back to school craft: Paper bus
- Help Get Your Kids Outside!! Part 2
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- Local Children's Theater Productions
- Weekly Open Gyms & Storytimes
- Kids Eat Free or For Less!
- My Medifast Journey - New Food Options Reviewed
- Macaroni Kid Saves
- Thanks to some of our fabulous Site Sponsors!
- Thanks to America!
August 8th is the day unload your excess zucchini
By: Laura Miller
Do you have a mountain of zucchini taking over your garden? Good news! August 8th is Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Day!
While this “National” holiday was certainly created in jest (internet legend says you should leave a big basketful under the cover or darkness!), if you know that your neighbors aren’t growing any of their own, they might truly appreciate your sneaking, especially if you print off your favorite zucchini recipe and leave it on their porch too.
The first time I heard about SSZOYNP Day, I was SO disappointed that no one left us some! Now we get a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box and have plenty, so I might be making a zucchini drop over by my neighbors (shhh…).
Are you going to sneak a zucchini onto your neighbor’s porch? Or are you hoping to get one? If you have a lot of your own, perhaps you might like to “guard” your porch (build a guard animal of some sort with zucchini?), or set a basket of your own zucchini out so your neighbors think someone already made a drop. And if you want zucchini, place a box on your porch and label it “Zucchini” and see what if you have any luck.
Whether giving, getting, or just giggling, enjoy the day and the dozen or so recipes you’ll need to use up all that zucchini!
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC