July 1, 2012
July 1, 2012
- Great things to do with your family this week!
- How To Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular!
- CIRQUE DU SOLEIL Dralion in Baltimore
- Saving Money on your Walt Disney World Vacation
- Special Birthday Party Pricing for Mac Kid Readers
- Stuffed Strawberries
- Red, White & Blue Potato Salad
- Keep Your Kids Reading All Summer
- Patriotic Rocket
- My Medifast Journey
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Local Children's Theater Productions
- Kids Eat Free or For Less!
- Thanks to some of our fabulous Site Sponsors!
- Weekly Open Gyms & Storytimes
- Macaroni Kid Saves
An All-American Recipe!
By: Heather Wirtz, Managing Editor Macaroni Kid EATS!
The use of three different potatoes make this a colorful, festive July 4th recipe! If you cannot find blue potatoes, the purple ones are very similar or you could use all red and white potatoes. This sweet and tangy recipe is perfect for BBQs and picnics because you don't have to worry about keeping it cool during your gathering.
1 pound Red Potatoes
1 pound White or Yukon Gold Potatoes
1 pound Blue or Purple Potatoes
3 stalks Celery
3/4 cup Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 1/2 TBSP Honey
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Wash and cut potatoes into bite sized pieces and cut celery into very thin slices.
2. Set celery aside.
3. Boil potatoes until fork-tender and then drain. Set aside to cool.
4. In a bowl combine vinegar, oil, honey, onion powder and garlic powder - whisk well.
5. Once potatoes are cool - in a large bowl, combine potatoes, celery and coat evenly with dressing.
6. Place in refrigerator for about 2 hours (more is fine too). Season with salt & pepper before serving.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC